Fish & Chips all‘italiana
up:date June 16, 2022 by Bonn Brandt
Alici fritte are the Italian version of the beloved fish & chips. Small silvery fish from the Mediterranean combined with crispy fries are the perfect Italian delicacy originating from the south of Italy.
Recipe for a still life delicacy
For the French fries, peel the potatoes and cut them into sticks about 1 cm thick. Briefly pat dry with kitchen paper and then either bake in the oven at 220° C (top and bottom heat) for about 30 minutes until golden brown, or deep-fry in oil in a pan.
Silver gelatin and silver shiny fishes
Briefly rinse the anchovies with water, turn both sides in durum wheat flour and put sufficient olive oil in a deep frying pan so that the anchovies are just covered. Heat the oil until it bubbles and fry the small fish until they too are golden brown and crispy on both sides. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
Still life creation
A series of photographic still lifes were created in the parisian residence of art and fashion photographer Jans Bock-Schroeder. Among them Fish & Chips all'italiana, which is now available in an edition of 3.
- Limited Edition - Original
- Jans Bock-Schroeder
- Edition 1/3
- Negative Date: 2011
- Print Date: 2022
- Size: 50 x 50 cm
- Provenance: Bock-Schroeder Foundation
- Verso: Copyright stamp, Signature
- Signed by Jans Bock-Schroeder.
- Verso: Copyright stamp, Signature, Edition-Number 1/3
- Printed from the original negative
- Analog Handprint in museum quality on barytha paper
- Price includes tax, shipping, packaging and insurance.
- Delivery takes about 14 workdays.
- In-Person and remote viewings by appointment.
In photography, the term vintage print refers to a print that was made by the photographer immediately after the roll of film was developed and the negative was produced. Generally a vintage print is regarded a precious first print.
Originals, Modern Prints, are highly sought-after collectable photographic prints. They are printed in limited edition from the original negative. Every analog hand print is certified and editioned. The limited edition notice guarantees the uniqueness of each print.
- Unique: One of a kind piece, created by Peter Bock-Schroeder (1913-2001)
- Limited edition: Original works created in limited edition, supervised by Jans Bock-Schroeder.
- Made-to-order: A hand made print that is made-to-order.
- Shipping cost worldwide, packaging and insurance for your artwork, is covered by the Bock-Schroeder Foundation.
- After you have completed your online order, you will receive an order confirmation by email. When the work is shipped you receive a second mail with the tracking number that allows you to follow your order’s status as well as the invoice for your ordered item.
- Your online order is secured using modern SSL encryption. This way, we meet the standards for modern online purchases and always guarantee you the securest of transactions.
- We work exclusively with certified shipping partners. These vary depending on the size of the art you order and the country it is being delivered to. DHL, UPS, Hermes, DPD, FedEx, and GLS are among the companies we trust.
- Delivery takes about 10 workdays.
- Do not hesitate to contact us at any time with any questions: about payment, delivery or anything else. Contact: +49 174 450 64 69 | mail (at) bock-schroeder.com
The Bock-Schroeder-Foundation is the sole representative of the works of Peter Bock-Schroeder and thus has unique and exclusive access to these rare and unique works. The Bock Schroeder Foundation collaborates with public, corporate and private art collections around the world. In addition to renowned and distinguished art collections, the Bock Schroeder Foundation also advises individuals and collectors who are in the process of establishing a collection.
Photo Collector's Newsletter
A monthly newsletter for photography collectors