Overhead power lines Los Angeles
up:date June 15, 2022 by Bonn Brandt
High-voltage power lines are voltage generators. For more than a century they have spread electricity in California while remaining fashionable.
California’s electric infrastructure
Thousands of miles of power lines crisscross California. They often run in difficult terrain, far from parks, schools, single-family homes and sensitive biotopes. For a variety of reasons, the power lines start thousands of small fires each year.
The absence of telegraph lines in California at the time of settlement and development in the late 19th century probably explains why there are more streets, avenues, and roads named "Telegraph" in 2022 than in any other of the states.◊
Tightrope act photographing the power transmission
While photographing power lines around Los Angeles, art and fashion photographer Jans Bock-Schroeder repeatedly got into tricky situations. He had to defend himself against street dogs. The owner of a tire store had to be reassured, too, and only calmed down once he understood that this was an art photo production.
- Limited Edition - Original
- Jans Bock-Schroeder
- Edition 1/3
- Negative Date: 2009
- Print Date: 2022
- Size: 40 x 50 cm
- Provenance: Bock-Schroeder Foundation
- Verso: Copyright stamp, Signature
- Signed by Jans Bock-Schroeder.
- Verso: Copyright stamp, Signature, Edition-Number 1/3
- Printed from the original negative
- Analog Handprint in museum quality on barytha paper
- Price includes tax, shipping, packaging and insurance.
- Delivery takes about 14 workdays.
- In-Person and remote viewings by appointment.
In photography, the term vintage print refers to a print that was made by the photographer immediately after the roll of film was developed and the negative was produced. Generally a vintage print is regarded a precious first print.
Originals, Modern Prints, are highly sought-after collectable photographic prints. They are printed in limited edition from the original negative. Every analog hand print is certified and editioned. The limited edition notice guarantees the uniqueness of each print.
- Unique: One of a kind piece, created by Peter Bock-Schroeder (1913-2001)
- Limited edition: Original works created in limited edition, supervised by Jans Bock-Schroeder.
- Made-to-order: A hand made print that is made-to-order.
- Shipping cost worldwide, packaging and insurance for your artwork, is covered by the Bock-Schroeder Foundation.
- After you have completed your online order, you will receive an order confirmation by email. When the work is shipped you receive a second mail with the tracking number that allows you to follow your order’s status as well as the invoice for your ordered item.
- Your online order is secured using modern SSL encryption. This way, we meet the standards for modern online purchases and always guarantee you the securest of transactions.
- We work exclusively with certified shipping partners. These vary depending on the size of the art you order and the country it is being delivered to. DHL, UPS, Hermes, DPD, FedEx, and GLS are among the companies we trust.
- Delivery takes about 10 workdays.
- Do not hesitate to contact us at any time with any questions: about payment, delivery or anything else. Contact: +49 174 450 64 69 | mail (at) bock-schroeder.com
The Bock-Schroeder-Foundation is the sole representative of the works of Peter Bock-Schroeder and thus has unique and exclusive access to these rare and unique works. The Bock Schroeder Foundation collaborates with public, corporate and private art collections around the world. In addition to renowned and distinguished art collections, the Bock Schroeder Foundation also advises individuals and collectors who are in the process of establishing a collection.
Photo Collector's Newsletter
A monthly newsletter for photography collectors